santiago

santiago

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

let us play catch up, shall we

So I have been MIA for a bit. Yes. My computer crashed. I am talking sad mac dead computer. Complete with x's over the eyes. Let us have a moment of silence for my dead Mac book. Ole girl was with me for 7 years. So sad.

But now I have a fancy new MacBook Air. Its so sleek and smooth. So far I am a fan and I can start posting again. We all win. So we have been busy bees the last couple months. My family came to visit for the month of July. It was so wonderful to see my mom. I missed her so much. I loved getting to show her around the city and take her to the wineries. We share a love of wine, my mom and me. I also introduced her to Indian food. No one loves curry more than I do but I think she's close. Then after that we went skiing down south, have been to multiple Chilean bbq's (Curly girl even got temporarily lost at one, terrifying!) and traveled to Easter Island. Let's start with skiing.

So we traveled down to Chillan and enjoyed a lovely time skiing and stayed in the cutest little cabana.

Skiing in the Andes was incredible. I mean truly breathtaking. And despite Curly girl's (un)enthusiastic expression she did love skiing and was skiing runs solo by the end of the afternoon. Husband gave me a small heart attack because he skied some runs with curly girl between his legs. She loved it and I was terrified. sigh. it rained like crazy the whole drive which resulted in a ton of fresh snow. It was pretty perfect timing. I thought that the skiing trip was my favorite trip so far and then we went to Easter Island and oh man. It was awesome. I mean really cool. I highly recommend that if you can go you should. We stayed in cabanas that were totally cool. The property even had bananas growing near the cabanas. We did this amazing guided tour of the volcano, the Moai, the lake and the beach. Then the next day we did a horseback tour of the interior of the island and toured the caves. The trip of a lifetime. And omg the food. Amazing ceviche and out of this world good, fresh tuna. We actually saw the fishing boats just off coast catching the tuna. It was humid and the air smelled like ocean. It made me miss the sunshine state something fierce but I am still happy to be living here. 

These are some shots of the Moai. And some more....

And because I am me I went for a run while we were there. Not even a vacation can keep me from my running shoes. I took this great shot while out on the run. I ran along the coast because it was pretty and because I figured if I ran along the coast I couldn't get lost. (Yes my internal navigation is so bad that I could possibly get lost on an ISLAND). I left just after sunrise and it was a gorgeous run. 
All in all Easter Island was incredible. I am so glad that we made this trip and I love that we have so many pictures and memories of Curly girl with the Moai :) Now we are back home in Santiago I am in unpacking mode. Bleh. With a sick kiddo, double bleh. I hate the whole trip laundry washing and putting away and cleaning thing. I am currently looking a fairly large pile of clean laundry and listening to my sheets hop around in the dryer (even tho they are totally dry) because I am too lazy to get up and fold the clothes and take the sheets out of the dryer and put them on the bed. meh. But since it looks like I will be home with a sick kiddo tomorrow I should have p-l-e-n-t-y of time to put away some clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment